Monday, June 1, 2009

Class 5

Class five was very interesting! Every class seems to be very unexpected. Today, I was excited to introduce my twin sister to a world in New Media with Beth Lykins! She was pretty excited to learn more about my major and we waited patiently for Beth Lykins to arrive to teach the class.

We sat and waited patiently as the time came for class to start. However, we waited longer than usual for Beth Lykins to get to class. Surprisingly this was part of the lesson she was going to teach the class. The clock read 6:12 p.m., twelve minutes past the start of class and Beth Lykins walked into the classroom. However, her entrance did not come with a vocal greeting. I knew at this point that class would be interesting and Celine was in for a treat!! I waited with curiosity as Beth Lykins sat at the front of the room, logging into the computer, and downloading files to the computer desktop.

The files were sound files of Beth Lykins on her cell phone, introducing the class topic of TIME. What is TIME? The proposed question to the class made me ponder the structure that time gives us. A student expressed time as an obsession. However, I browsed around the room and noticed that most of the class did not have a wrist watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment